If you slip and fall while shopping, you may be entitled to compensation. Shop owners and supermarkets have a duty of care to provide a safe environment for their customers, if this duty is breached, they may be liable for your injuries.
Steps to take if you are injured at a store or a public space:
- Report your slip and fall to the store/supermarket.
- If there are any witnesses, get their name and contact details.
- Take photos of the location of the incident.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Take photos of any object or substance that you have slipped on or have caused your fall.
- Seek medical treatment on the same day and report the incident to your doctor.
- Keep records of your injuries and any medical treatment you may receive.
- Keep records of your medical expenses such as receipts and invoices.
- Keep records of any time that you have taken off work because of your injuries.
You may be entitled to receive:
- Compensation for lost income.
- Compensation for loss of any future earnings.
- Compensation for pain & suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Medical expenses you may have suffered.
- Compensation for ongoing medical expenses.
- Compensation for care and assistance provided to you by your loved ones
Contact us at Alliance Compensation Lawyers for a free consultation to find out if you may have a claim.