Hit and Run Lawyers | Get compensated for your accident

Your Compensation is our Reputation

Have you been injured in a Hit and Run accident?

Once an accident happens, the involved parties are required by the law to stop, assess the situation, and exchange details for repair and insurance purposes. But this doesn’t always happen. A hit and run accident is a traffic collision where the responsible driver doesn’t stop to make sure the victims are okay or leave their contact details behind.

While it might be surprising, hit and run accidents are quite common. If you’ve been involved in one, whether as a passenger, pedestrian, cyclist, or driver, trying to determine where you start from can be an overwhelming process. Often, many victims enter into a state of confusion.

Whether the injuries sustained were serious or not, you may be entitled to a hit and run accident compensation. 

Alliance Compensation & Litigation Lawyers has seasoned personal injury lawyers who will take you through the process of filing for a hit and run accident claim. We will ensure that you’re adequately compensated and supported throughout the process.

Am I eligible to receive compensation for a hit and run accident?

Yes, you’re eligible for compensation if you’ve been involved in a hit and run accident. The CTP insurance scheme covers those who have been injured by a hit and run accident by way of nominal defendant, these could include driver, motorcyclists, cyclist, passenger or pedestrians.

If the hit and run accident was fatal, the dependents of the family may also be eligible to receive compensation, as long as the deceased wasn’t at fault.

Keep in mind that if you were at fault for the hit and run accident, you committed an illegal act and you may be liable for heavy fines and even imprisonment for the disregard of other road users.

Am I eligible to receive compensation for a hit and run accident

What’s the process of claiming Hit and Run Compensation?

Hit and run accidents can be harder to prove, especially if there are no witnesses. Yet, you need sufficient evidence when filing for a compensation claim in Sydney. Here are some standard steps to follow through the process of claiming a compensation:

Gather evidence
If you’re in a position to, collects as much evidence as you can. Record any details about the offending driver, their car make and model, and registration details. Speak to any witnesses and record their statements.
Seek medical attention
Immediately go to a hospital and seek assessment from a medic. Make sure you keep all medical receipts and records of travel expenses associated with the treatment.
Involve the police
Report the hit and run to the authorities and keep copies of the police report
Submit a Nominal Defendant Claim
If the person who caused the hit and run accident can not be identified
Consult a personal injury lawyer
A personal injury lawyer will help you collect sufficient evidence, prepare paperwork, negotiate with the CTP insurer, and represent you in court.

What Compensation am I entitled to for a Hit and Run accident?

It’s important to understand what are the different types of compensation you are eligible for if you’ve been injured in a Hit and Run accident. Below is a list of things that you can expect to claim:

Income support via weekly payments:
If you've lost income due to your motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible for weekly payments to help cover the loss of earnings during your recovery period.
Medical Expenses
This compensation covers the cost of medical treatment, including hospital fees, rehabilitation costs, and any ongoing healthcare needs resulting from the accident.
Pain and suffering:
If you've experienced significant pain and suffering due to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident.
Commercial care & domestic assistance:
If your injuries require you to seek commercial care services or assistance with domestic tasks you can no longer perform, this compensation helps cover these additional expenses.
Permanent impairment:
In cases where the accident results in permanent physical or mental impairment, you may be entitled to an additional lump sum payment.

It’s important to note that if your injury is considered a threshold injury, you are only entitled to benefits for up to 12 months (excluding lump sum payment). If your injury is above the threshold then the duration you receive these benefits are extended.

Start your Car Accident Claim with 3 quick steps

Our simple approach ensures that you receive an effective and professional service. We preserve your rights and entitlements to ensure a fair outcome.


Learning About all your Legal Issues

We take all details of your matter and identify all the legal issues to be addressed


Understand your rights, formulate a plan

We provide legal advice and formulate a plan to progress your matter


Execute our plan

We execute our plan, monitor the progress and strive for resolution of your matter

Why Choose Alliance Compensation & Litigation Lawyers as your Car Accident lawyer?

We understand that dealing with the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re more than just your lawyers; we’re your personal advocates for getting your life back on track. Our team has more than 14 years experience in the motor vehicle accidents space and have helped thousands of everyday Aussies with their claims. 

Accredited Specialist
Our team includes accredited specialists in motor vehicle accident law, ensuring you receive top-tier, expert legal advice.
No Win no fee
With our 'No Win, No Fee' policy, you can have peace of mind knowing that our services are risk-free and focused on your success.
We come to you
Understanding your situation, we offer the convenience of coming to you, making legal support accessible no matter your circumstances.
99% win rate
This compensation covers the cost of medical treatment, including hospital fees, rehabilitation costs, and any ongoing healthcare needs resulting from the accident.

Meet your Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers

Associate Solicitor

CTP Claims Manager


Frequently Asked Questions

The time limit for submitting a car accident claim is 28 days. It’s recommended that you submit your Application for Personal Injury Benefits form to the insurer within that time frame. This will provide you with the optimal chances of receiving compensation earlier. 

However, you can still submit this application within 3 months after being involved in a hit and run accident. If you choose to submit your application later, then benefits such as weekly payments and medical expenses will only be paid from the date of submission, not the date of when you’ve been incapacitated by the accident.

Yes, a hit and run accident is illegal in Australia. According to the law, you must stop immediately after an accident to assess the situation, exchange contact details, and report to the authorities.

Leaving the accident scene without doing the above is a punishable offense and you can be charged.

The CTP Insurer will be making compensation payments to those who are injured in a car accident. 

If you disagree with the CTP insurers’ decision related to your claim you can request an internal review with the insurer. This request must be completed within 28 days of receiving your decision from the insurer. 

In such cases where you also disagree with the decision post internal review then you can also make an application to the personal injury commission to get a further independent review. 

Our expert Car Accident lawyers can assist you with these processes.

You can make a Nominal Defendant claim if you don’t have the details of the driver responsible for the hit and run accident. The Nominal Defendant is a government body established to help accident victims of uninsured vehicles or hit and run drivers get compensation.

A Nominal Defendant claim is submitted to the State Insurance Regulatory Authority, who allocates your claim to a CTP insurer to manage your claim. If your claim is accepted the CTP insurer will pay your compensation.

Alliance Compensation & Litigation Lawyers have made multiple Nominal Defendant claims and are well equipped to help you through the process.

According to the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017, for the first 52 weeks it doesn’t matter who caused the accident. This means that those drivers who are most at fault are still eligible to receive compensation for the first 52 weeks. 

Once the 52 weeks have past, then statutory benefits to the driver will cease. This ensures that everyone involved in the car accident is supported. So if you are at fault, be sure to still reach out to us to lodge a claim as you may still be eligible for benefits. 

However, if you are at-fault and your vehicle is not insured, then unfortunately you are not eligible for compensation. 

Being involved in a Hit and Run accident can be a very stressful period in your life. The last thing you want to deal with alongside your recovery is to gather all the required documents and evidence needed to submit a claim for compensation. In such case, hiring a Hit and Run lawyer can prove to be a wise move to reduce the burden and allows you to gain confidence that your claim will be looked after.

The benefits of hiring a Hit and Run lawyer doesn’t just end once you’ve submitted the claim. We will also provide you with support and represent you in cases the decisions made by the CTP insurer are not favourable for you. A car accident lawyer will provide you with the legal guidance needed to ensure that you receive maximum compensation.

We also ensure that no stones are left unturned, as we also look into opportunities where permanent impairment is present which can also result in an additional lump sum payment alongside your usual statutory benefits.

Finally, here at Alliance Compensation & Litigiation Lawyers, we operate on a No-Win-No-Fee structure, meaning if you are not successful in your claim you don’t pay a single cent. In cases where the claim is worth less than $75K, upon a successful claim, the CTP insurer will cover 100% of the cost.

Free no-obligation claim assessment

Complete our form and our specialist Hit and Run injury lawyers will reach out to discuss your claim. Alternatively call (02) 8764 1776 for free claim advice.

Local business winner award
Provide a description here so we can better assess your circumstances.